The menssana journal is a research-based journal of researchers, academics and sports practitioners. Articles published through a process in accordance with scientific principles and scientific publications. And therefore, all parties involved in the process of publishing the published Journal (Manager, Editor, Bestari Partner, and Author) must understand and comply with the norms / ethics of scientific publications. The statement of ethics of publication in this menssana journal is based on the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications and Research Ethics of the Padang State University Research Institute (UNP) in UNP's Chancellor's Decree No. 201 / UN.35 / AK / 2012 Article 10)
- The Menssana Journal of the Physical Education Department of the Physical and Recreational Education Study Program at the Faculty of Sports Science began in 2016 twice a year, the May and November editions.
- Manuscripts that can be published in the Mensana Journal are research articles, both using qualitative, quantitative, and mix method approaches that are carried out individually or in groups.
- Writers whose scripts have been published in the Menssana Journal received 1 print copy of the manuscript.
- Abstracts of articles that are suitable to be uploaded will be examined by a team of editors.
- Authors must revise based on feedback from reviewers within the time limit set by the Editor. The Editorial Board has the right to improve the contents and writing of the manuscript without changing the substance of the content.
- The publication text must include recommendations from the supervisor (thesis and thesis), stating that the manuscript is suitable for submission to the Menssana Journal.
- Manuscripts that have been reviewed and accepted as accepted may not be sent to other journals, if they violate these provisions, the Menssana Journal will block the author's list.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scope of science, validity, and accreditation.
- Determine the membership of the Editor.
- Defines the relationship between the Publisher, Editor, Bestari Partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, Writers, Editors, and Bestari Partners.
- Applying norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Conduct a review of journal policies and submit them to the Writer, Editorial Board, Bestari Partners, and Readers.
- Create a code of conduct guide for Editors and Bestari Partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of financial resources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare licensing and other aspects of legality.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers,
- Strive to continuously improve the quality of publications,
- Implement a process to guarantee the quality of published works,
- Promoting freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the academic track record of the author,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author,
- Actively soliciting the opinions of Authors, Readers, Bestari Partners, and Editor's Board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage the evaluation of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to submit a Code of Ethics,
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about the ethics of publications,
- Reviewing the effects of published policies on the attitudes of Writers and Bestari Partners and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Having an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Not maintaining one's own opinion, the author or a third party that may result in an objective decision,
- Encourage the Author, so that he can make improvements to the paper so that it is worth publishing.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari / Reviewer Partners
- Obtain the task of the Editor to examine the paper and submit the results of the review to the Editor, as material for determining the eligibility of a paper to be published.
- Examiners may not examine written papers that involve them, either directly or indirectly
- Maintaining the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage the author to make improvements to the paper
- Re-examine the paper that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards.
- The paper is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication's environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
- Mitra Bestari is expected to be able to identify manuscripts that have been published in other scientific journals, so there will be no double publication.
- In reviewing the manuscript, bestari partners must indicate the reasons that caused the rejection of a manuscript.
- The bebestari partner must provide constructive input to the manuscripts received with improvements.
- Before accepting / rejecting a text, consider whether the manuscript is in accordance with the scientific field of a reviewer / partner, and whether he has time to review, commit and be able to complete it according to a deadline.
- The results of the review will help the editor in deciding whether the manuscript is worthy of publication or not.
- Reviewers can summarize the text that has been reviewed by providing specific comments and suggestions, including about the layout and format, Title, Abstract, Introduction, Graphic Abstract and / or Overview, Methods, Statistical errors, Results, Conclusions / Discussion, Language and References, if a reviewer found a suspicion, can be directly conveyed to the editor and explain as much detail as possible.
- In making recommendations for the results of a manuscript that has been reviewed, it should explain the details of the reasons if the manuscript was accepted, rejected and revised.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensuring that those who enter the Author list meet the criteria as an Author
- Someone listed as a Writer for publication must have the following criteria: (a) contribute significantly to planning, drafting, collecting data, analyzing and interpreting data; (b) contribute significantly to the preparation, revision and finalization of the manuscript; and (c) is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the writing of the Scientific Work.
- Inclusion of a person's name as a Writer is discussed early to avoid disputes.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), both directly and indirectly.
- Explain limitations in research
- Respond to comments made by Bestari Partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the Editor if he will retract his writing.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another Publisher.